Join Our Growing Team
We hire consultants who demonstrate a high level of ethics, integrity and respect in both their professional and personal lives. Our recruiting team focuses on searching for talented, motivated, and dedicated consultants who have strong interpersonal skills and are willing to grow and share their knowledge with others. We expect each consultant to contribute to the growth of MVC through successful client engagements, as well as participating with our corporate team to support our key objectives and internal projects and to build our consulting capabilities and service offerings.
MVC’s Most Valuable Asset Is Our People
As a Chicago-based company, our local consulting model is also one of our key benefits, as our sales staff focuses on opportunities that will keep our consultants delivering at local clients and maintain a strong work-life balance.
At MVC we believe in a work culture that is secure, supports open communication and is mutually beneficial. We are committed to strengthening the relationship with our clients by encouraging their constructive and critical feedback in order to improve our standards and consulting abilities. Our team supports growth through mentoring and hands-on experience. We believe in conducting business with the highest level of integrity and expect the same from our employees. We embrace and encourage diversity, respect and fairness within our team, which in turn positively impacts our clients.
Position Profile – Project Manager
- Lead a team consisting of 6 to 20 people.
- Lead Management Consulting engagements.
- Mentor less experienced project managers or those aspiring to move into the PM role.
- Handle difficult personnel situations directly, using appropriate discretion, HR advice and respect for the individual.
- Clear understanding of all project roles.
- Manage large projects.
- Set and manage client expectations specific to the project.
- Facilitate team and client meetings effectively.
- Deliver engaging, informative, well-organized business solutions and presentations.
- Responsible for project and quality of delivery from original concept through final implementation.
- Oversee cross-functional projects and exhibit understanding of critical cross module integration points.
- Effectively communicate project expectations, goals and scope to the teams.
- Communicate project direction, approach, priorities, events and status to all project resources and business sponsors.
- Insure project deliverables are on time and on budget while meeting customer satisfaction expectations.
- Clearly understand project roles and definition of each team member in order to effectively manage the activities of the team.
- Maintain experience in tracking and manage projects using MS Project or similar PM software.
- Implement software development life cycle procedures for team members, if not already in place.
- Mitigate project risks and manages issues.
- Manage project scope and change.
- Accurately forecast, report and manage project costs (budget). Effectively establish and use budget tracking approach and metrics that accurately track team productivity and earned value.
- Provide reliable top-down and bottom-up estimates as is necessary.
- Exhibit excellence in all aspects of business and project management.
- Anticipate client needs and propose appropriate solutions.
- Easily recognize areas for improvement and develop plans for implementation, when possible.
- Lend expertise to teams and task forces.
- Understand, comply with and enforce standard policies and procedures.
Specific Line of Service (LOS) Knowledge may include
- Custom Application Development: Familiarity with current software development languages, basis OO concepts, basic UML and basic understanding of current best practices. Expertise in the Rapid Process Map (RPM) methodology.
- Business Intelligence: Can contribute in crafting BI solutions (e.g. BI Roadmaps). Has some familiarity in data architecture and components (EDW, ETL, Reporting, etc.). Understanding of DBS BI Methodology.
- ERP Integration: Familiarity with ERP tools. Expertise in ASAP.
4-year college degree, preferably in Computer Science and Business-related studies.
6+ years of experience including demonstrated on-the-job leadership of people and projects.
Senior Business Analyst
Position Profile – Senior Business Analyst
Requirements Gathering and Reconciliation
- Serve as knowledge owner for a single system or business process area.
- Able to lead simple to moderate complexity sessions to analyze, diagnose and resolve unpredictable and varied problems using diverse methods and tools.
- Prioritize integrated requirements to ensure that requirements are complete and documented.
- Advise client users on application design alternatives and business process change opportunities.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations .
- Connect user needs to emerging technology in order to acquire or design tools, techniques and approaches that allow client users to realize optimal project delivery results.
Analyze, Solve Business Problems, Test
- Shape requirements into valuable business solutions and presentations using strong documentation skills.
- Deliver integrated business systems support to users (internal and external to IT), applying an expert understanding of the business issues and the impact of technology.
- Advocate the initiation of projects, when necessary, to achieve business and IT objectives.
- Prepare business case and solution proposals outlining estimates and realistic cost-effective design alternatives, including procedural changes.
- Lead the root cause analysis and resolution for complex problems.
- Effectively and efficiently use all applications in the Microsoft Office Suite to create and deliver documents.
- Lead change control and scope management efforts.
- Lead test planning and all test cycles using proven testing techniques.
- Able to execute as well as manage moderate functional testing efforts.
- Plan and coordinate User Acceptance Testing activities.
- Successfully identify, address, manage and escalate risks and issues within a project.
- Experienced in one or more project management tools such as MS Project.
Business Process, Organizational Improvement or Redesign
- Able to recognize Business Process and Organizational issues and opportunities.
- Able to make basic Business Process and Organizational improvement recommendations.
- Capable of leading a small business process or simple IT project effort and/or facilitating a simple to moderate requirements gathering effort .
- Maintain experience in tracking and managing projects using MS Project or similar PM software.
- Coach less senior Business Analysts in analysis techniques, problem solving and business knowledge.
Specific Line of Service (LOS) Knowledge
- Custom Application Development: Maintains strong SQL skills with the ability to write complex SQL statements to analyze data and create prototypes. Familiar with several software delivery methodologies (RUP/Agile/Waterfall)
- Business Intelligence: Has experience working on a few data warehouse and/or data reporting projects but requires guidance in more complex situations. Maintains strong SQL skills with the ability to write complex SQL statements to analyze data and create prototypes. Can interpret data models (conceptual, logical, physical).
- Management Consulting: Has worked on 2 or more Management Consulting projects and is familiar with several Management Consulting toolkits and offerings.
4-year college degree, preferably in Computer Science or Business-related studies. IIBA certification desired.
7 – 9 years related experience in a project management or business liaison role within IT Department and Management Consulting organizations, preferred depths in at least one of the following areas: systems integration, business process management, financial analysis, marketing, supply chain, retail or telecommunications.
What do our team members say about working at MVC Consulting?
“I started with MVC last year after having been an employee at a manufacturing firm for 25 years. Honestly, I wasn’t sure how I’d like consulting or if it would be a good fit for me, but because MVC is so unique in its approach, my transition was seamless. What makes MVC so different? Three things standout. First, there is an overall respect for people and genuine interest in our well-being. We aren’t treated as employees, but more so like extended members of the family. MVC also sets a very high level of standard. I am surrounded by very strong, talented people who truly want to deliver success and add value. Finally, MVC does a great job in aligning their team members to the right client from both a skills and personality perspective. I just celebrated my one year anniversary with MVC and I couldn’t be happier. I’m looking for many more years together.”
“I have spent over 30 years in IT organizations. In the beginning, MVC was a very small and tight knit group, not just a job but more like a partnership or a family. I was their first employee hired after the owners opened the doors back in July 1981! Many firms at that time were like a body shop, this was different, everyone was treated as if they mattered. It was a friendly, positive, employee-oriented business. Over the years Lori kept in contact, so I knew the company was still being run the same way. Internal communication on direction, how we will get there and action being taken provide a basis for trust. I have faith in the leadership to understand the pace of the economy and how the company can adapt to maintain success. This is a great place to work and I am proud after 17 years away to be a part of the MVC family once again.”
“I was drawn to MVC’s warm and nurturing culture that is unique in the consulting industry. MVC fortified my career with new opportunities and experiences.”
“After a career in large consulting organizations and brief foray into the world of independent consulting, I had the privilege to join MVC Consulting. With our focus on clients local to Chicago, MVC Consulting is a family-friendly organization. Our breadth of experience at MVC Consulting is deep and our client opportunities diverse allowing me the opportunity to grow professional while helping our clients obtain their strategic objectives.”